Tuesday, November 3, 2009

First Day of School

On October 5 Eamon started school and I started my new job. It was a hard day for me, but Eamon had a great time at school. After the first few days, the novelty of day care wore off for Eamon and he caught on that this was permanent and he was going to be there all day. The second week was pretty rough and on Tuesday afternoon I got a call that Eamon had a fever. He was out the rest of the week with an ear infection. So the next Monday it seemed that we started all over again. He had a few bad days where he cried nearly all day and it has progressively gotten better. He still cries when I drop him off, but the teacher I drop him off with, Ms. Debbie, is wonderful and takes great care of him. She is only his morning teacher, his teacher gets in a little later. Ms. Debbie tells me she has to hide from Eamon because he sees her and he wants her throughout the day. He seems to be having a good time. They have even gotten him to nap every day, without putting him in the stroller. What a good boy. Here he was on the 1st day of school, nearly 21 months old.
My new job is going well. I have settled in and am enjoying it. It has been nice to see all of my old coworkers and hear how much I am missed. I miss them too!!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Hoooray for updated posts! He's growing up so fast!

Trisha said...

GLad your job is going well Amy. I can't believe Eamon will be 2 soon...and I'm sure you can't either. :)