Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sunday Morning Scurry

A coworker was telling me yesterday how she kept a journal when her children were younger.  She said she used to go back and look at it and laugh at how things were.  I realized that I really need to write more in my Blog about things that go on daily in our lives, so I too can look back and laugh.  So, without further ado, here is a little look into a bit of my daily life right now...

Ed worked at the fire station Saturday and Saturday night, so it was up to me to get the boys up, ready and to church for 8:30.  To make the morning easier on me I showered the night before and Eamon slept in his clothes.  I woke up and got Eamon up, changed his pull-up, gave him a waffle, juice and plopped him in front of the TV.  OK, onto Brady.  I get Brady up, change his diaper, dress him and sit down on the couch to feed him.  Once he is fed I put him in a bouncy seat and get myself dressed and get the diaper bag packed.  Back to the boys - I put socks & shoes on Eamon and then go to put Brady in his car seat.  He is covered in spit up, there is spit-up all over his bouncy seat and on the floor.  So I clean the spit-up off the seat and the floor.  Change Brady and put him in his car seat.  I then realize that I didn't give Eamon his medicine.  I pour the medicine and try to talk Eamon into taking it, he will have nothing to do with it.  So I hold him down and pour the medicine in his mouth while he is kicking, screaming & crying.  After he calms down we start to head out the door, but he wants to be carried (he weighs 36 lbs).  I can't convince him to walk so I take Brady to the car and come back to carry Eamon to the car.  Halfway to church I realize that I have white spots on my black pants - it's the medicine that didn't make it to Eamon's mouth!  Ed met us at church and took Eamon to the nursery and we weren't too late to mass.  They were still singing the entrance song.  Of course, halfway through mass Brady decides he wants to eat again; I guess he spit-up all of the milk I fed him earlier!

I love my life!

2 comments:

Ellen M said...

cute cute

Kathy said...

How I remember those day! I so wish I had taken the time to write things down. Keep blogging!