Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bear Powder

At the end of August we were still struggling with Eamon being scared.  He said he was scared of bears.  So I put together a batch of "Bear Powder" to sprinkle around the outside of the house to keep the bears away. 
Recipe: 
A few cups of flour
A few sprinkles of random spices (for coloring)
 Eamon walked all around the house sprinkling the powder.  Then we went on a walk and he randomly sprinkled in our neighbors yard.
 I wish I could say that it worked, that he was no longer afraid of bears.  But I can't.
He has actually not been mentioning the bears lately, but is "frightinged" a lot.  
He doesn't like to be alone and won't even go to the bathroom by himself - come on, our house isn't that big!

It is driving Ed and I bonkers and is quite stressful on me on nights that Ed's at the station and I'm trying to get both of the boys to sleep.  Eamon now comes and lays on Brady's floor while I put Brady to sleep.  Then we argue with Eamon for about an hour about staying in his room and that he is fine.

I keep thinking to myself.... one day he won't want me to lay with him, to pat his back, to sing just one more song, tell him another story, ask for one more kiss, one more hug or to rub my tummy again.  A time will come that we walk in the house and he runs to his room and shuts his door and doesn't come out until dinner is ready.  I should just eat it up now, give in, lay with him, snuggle him.  But then I start thinking about that pile of laundry in the hall, the stack of dishes in the kitchen, the rice and broccoli underneath the kitchen table, lunches to be made, bottles to be washed..... 

No comments: