I was scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks on Monday, March 4, 2013. We were to arrive at 6am at the hospital. Aunt Jen took the boys for an afternoon of fun Sunday afternoon and then to MamaMarie's house.
We arrived at the hospital a little after 6, and I was already having contractions 5-7 minutes apart and was 4cm dilated. I decided to go ahead and request an epidural. Ed had to run a quick errand for work. I told him to go ahead and go early because surely we would be here a while. I got my epidural right around 8:15 or 8:30 and MamaMarie arrived during that time. Around 9:30 my dr came in to break my water and stated I was at 7cm, no wait, 8cm.
MamaMarie quickly called Ed and told him to get back to the hospital. He was already in the building.
At 10:34 am, Elsie Ethel was born and she was perfect! Unlike with the boys, the nurses put her right on my chest. It was amazing to be able to hold my baby girl immediately.
Elsie weighed in at 8 lbs, 10.6 oz and was 20 1/4 in long.
We are so in love!

No comments:
Post a Comment