Eamon started Kindergarten this week. It was a bittersweet moment. I will miss having him home with us, miss our game time during the little ones naps, but I know he is going to have so much fun and learn so much, The boys love each other so much, but they constantly fight and wrestle when they are together, so this will be a nice break for me.
We started the morning with a sprinkle pancake breakfast - that's how we begin special days at the Walsh house. Brady requested chocolate chip pancakes, and that request was granted, although he just ate the chocolate chips and tossed the pancakes onto Eamon's plate.
We all went together to take Eamon to school. Ed and the little ones stayed in the car while I went inside. I walked him to his classroom. He gave me lots of hugs and I left - both of us dry-eyed.
The little ones and I met him at the bus stop.
He said he had a good first day. I could tell he was exhausted. We get bits and pieces of information out of him each day.
And now.. an interview with Eamon the day before Kindergarten:
When he grows up he wants to be like Mike Rowe (on Dirty Jobs)
Favorite Color - Orange
Favorite Toy - Legos
Favorite Movie - Turbo
Favorite place to go - See George (Nick's dog
Favorite Sports - Baseball & Football
Favorite Team - Cubs, Diamondbacks, Knights (his former baseball and soccer teams)
Favorite thing to do outside - play sports
Favorite vehicle - Monster truck, motercycle
Favorite Vacation - Pool with waterslides (we took him to the new pool at the Shades Valley Y)
Favorite Food - Sprinkle Cookies
Favorite Song - The Rock & Roll Band (any Foo Fighters song), Mahna , Mahna, Who Let the Dogs Out
No comments:
Post a Comment