Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just some things about Eamon...

Eamon turned 15 months on Saturday, I'll try to post a picture later. But I just wanted to share some things about Eamon. We go to the Dr this afternoon for a check-up so I'll have some stats later too.
  • He LOVES yogurt! As soon as he sees yogurt, he starts freaking out, he wants it NOW!
  • He is a very picky eater. His favorite foods seem to be bananas, black beans, YOGURT, grapes, goldfish, cheerios, cheese, pears and salteen crackers, oh or whatever MamaMarie is eating. He's not big into eating meat.
  • He knows the morning routine at MamaMarie's house and keeps her in line. Every morning when we get there he goes straight to the baby gate on the stairs instructing Sparky to go upstairs, then he waves at her and tells her "buh bye" Then he goes in the kitchen and opens the utensil drawer, reaching for his spoon. Once you give him a spoon he climbs up in his high chair and unpatiently awaits his yogurt. This morning he actually forgot about putting Sparky upstairs because he was so focused on the yogurt that we just bought at the store. (which he threw a fit at the store when he saw the yogurt and I wouldn't let him have any) He actually wouldn't walk in the house until I handed him the yogurt container. MamaMarie said that today while he was eating his breakfast, he insisted to get down. She let him down and he walked over to the dog bowl and pointed at it, showing her she needed to pick it up so he wouldn't play in it or eat it.
  • Anytime he finds a phone or remote within his reach, that he knows he shouldn't have, he brings it to you.
  • He is obsessed with driving cars (pretend driving while they are parked) We have let him play in the drivers seat several times and now he thinks he needs to be driving. This morning when we got out of the car, he went to the front door of the car and wanted me to let him in to steer.
  • He still loves music and dancing. He recently got some new dance moves, twisting and turning around. It's so cute!!!
  • He is talking a lot, and if you know what to listen for you can understand some things that he is saying.
  • Anytime he sees a train, fire truck, ambulance or big truck he says "too too" and makes the motion with his hand that he's pulling the train horn. The other morning he was making the noise for a while and I finally noticed that he was looking at his pajama pants and seeing the firetrucks and making the noise.
  • We are no longer nursing. It was a little rough at first, but it is much better now.
  • He gives hugs and open mouth kisses full of slobber and they are wonderful!!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Hmm Amy, wonder where he gets that "picky eater" thing? ;-) He's so adorable. Good to see you guys last weekend.

Jennie said...

I thought he same thing Trish about the picking eating ;)
He is really cute Amy. An adorable kid!

stef said...

I think it's so cute that he points out the things he "shouldn't have" or "shouldn't get into" haha. What a smart boy! And I love that he thinks everything is a "too too"!

Stacy Eskew said...

Yeah, Eamon!