My godmother, "Nanny," passed away this past Sunday of a brain aneurysm. She was 53 years old and a very special person to me (and I've learned this week, to a lot of other people). She has three children, Ian (20), Katie (15) and Ellen (14). We have been in New Orleans since Sunday and are staying through the weekend. I'm overwhelmed by the support that her family has received from family, friends and coworkers. It has been so nice to hear stories about her life from everyone. Why do we wait until someone dies to celebrate and reminisce about their life? The visitation will be on Wednesday evening and then the funeral will be Thursday afternoon followed by a gathering of family and friends to celebrate her life. On the right is a link to her Caringbridge Page, where you can read about the events that have happened in the last week and see all the comments that people have left. Here is the link to her obituary
3 comments:
Thinking of you and your family, Amy!! Love! Ash
Hugs!!!
Oh, Amy! I'm so sorry. Double hugs.
Post a Comment