Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ten for Tuesday

I's been nearly a month since I've blogged, so I thought I'd give a little update today.  I have a ton of pictures on my computer and camera that I need to post.  Hopefully I'll get to those soon.

1.  My cousins/god daughters Katie & Ellen came up to spend two weeks in Birmingham with us.  They were shuffled back and forth between family members and I hope that they had a great time.  Eamon especially enjoyed having them here to play with him.  They left over a week ago and he still asks me every day, "Where Katie Ellen?  They came and left on the train, so Eamon thinks that they have gone to Chattanooga since he rode on a train in Chattanooga with my parents in June.  We were also thrilled to have Ian come up to visit for a few days.  Thanks for coming Katie, Ellen & Ian!  We really enjoyed your visit and can't wait to see you again soon!  (Pictures to follow)

2. Big Boy Bed - We are in the process of moving Eamon to a big boy bed.  Last week he slept on a twin mattress on the floor in his room next to his crib.  Sunday Ed & Eamon took down the crib.  Eamon is doing great!!  When we put him in bed he usually doesn't get up (last night and the night before we had to put him back in his bed.  It has been a much easier transition than I could have ever imagined.  Ed is going to pick up the actual bed from my parents sometime this week and we can get the mattress off the floor.

3. We spent last weekend at Callaway Gardens with Ed's family.  Eamon really enjoyed playing with his cousins Ethan & Cole.  Baby Kathleen is still a little young to play with, but Eamon enjoyed tickling her toes!  We were sad that Aunt Christine couldn't make it, but we hope to see her soon.  On the way home Eamon told us that he didn't want to go home, he wanted to go to Ethan's house. (Pictures to Follow)

4. Talking/Singing - Eamon is talking up a storm.  He speaks in full sentences.  Some words are hard to understand, but for the most part we can really communicate with him now.  Eamon also likes to sing and will break out into song at any moment.  The songs he sings are: Going on a Bear Hunt, Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee, Wheels on the Bus, Rain Rain Go Away, Itsy Bitsy Spider...  (I know I'm missing something).  Also at night when Ed or I sing him his bedtime songs, he is beginning to sing along.  So cute!

5. Animals - Several times a day Eamon is transformed into a different animal.  It's usually a dog, cat, frog, sheep or lion/tiger.  This transformation involves crawling or hopping like the animal, making animal noises and if he's a dog, licking!  It's actually very cute!  I could do without the licking though.

6. Potty Training - We've been potty training for a while now.  We aren't pushing it too much, but he wears pull-ups and goes pee-pee in the potty a few times a day at school.  I've been bribing/motivating him at home with M&Ms.  If he pee-pee's in the potty at home, he gets 3 M&Ms.  It's a great motivator/bribe!!!

7. Eamon's memory.  It amazes me what he remembers.  Just this morning he asked me about his baby birds.  The baby birds were right outside of our front door and were only there for about a week before they flew away.  Also, when I told him that Katie & Ellen were coming for a visit, he asked "Ian?"  He knows that they are supposed to go together.

8. Baby Brother - If you ask Eamon where his baby brother is, he lifts up his shirt, points to his tummy and says "In my tummy."  He also tells us he wants to go to the hospital to pick up Baby Brother.  If you ask Eamon what his brother's name is, he'll tell you "two."  "Two" or "I Two" is also the answer to "What is your name?", "How are you?" and "How old are you"

9. Speaking of Baby Brother - I'm at almost 25 weeks and feeling good.  We don't have a name for him right now.  I'd like to come up with a name soon so we stop calling him Two or #2.

10. Eamon does not like to get dressed, doesn't like to have his pull-up changed.  He also will tell you who is going to help him do things.  If I'm changing his pull up and then go to put his shorts back on, he will tell me, "No, Daddy help" or "Marie do it"

I promise to get some pictures posted this week.

No comments: