1. Eamon has been doing pretty good with the potty AT SCHOOL. This past weekend at home was a total bust. We are getting there though. At home we reward him with M&Ms and at School he gets ink stamps on his arms. He comes home from school looking like a little tattooed boy with multiple stamps up his arms. I can tell right away when I pick him up how good he did that day on the potty.
2. In June, Ed and I went to a wedding in Georgia so Eamon stayed with my parents for the weekend. They took him to Chattanooga to the aquarium and on a train ride. Ever since then, he will randomly bring up Chattanooga. I tell him, Marie is picking you up from school today and he says "We go to Chattanooga?"
3. On the Chattanooga note, my cousins/Goddaughters Katie & Ellen came to visit in July. They went home on the train. Eamon thinks that they have gone to Chattanooga. If you ask him where are Katie and Ellen, he will tell you Chattanooga. Eamon also gets Huntsville & Hospital confused. He will tell me that he wants to go to the Hospital to see Uncle Ely, who is in Huntsville.
4. He has started to talk a lot about his friends at school. I picked him up early last week and he was in the gym with some of his friends and told me, "Look Mommy, my friends"
5. Talking - He is constantly talking. When Ed is at work we'll call him on the phone so Eamon can talk to him. He will ask Ed over and over again, "Daddy, What you doing?" He also doesn't like to get off the phone.
6. Eamon knows that Daddy is a fireman. He will tell you "Daddy drive firetruck" or "Daddy help people"
7. Eamon is very observant and notices a lot of things. Just yesterday he noticed a water tower that we passed on the way to school. Today he saw 2 water towers and was very excited. In the car he will spot all the firetrucks, police cars, ambulances, garbage trucks and school buses. If he sees something that he doesn't know what it is, he will ask.
8. When Eamon sees animals there is always a Daddy, Mommy & Eamon. We have a few big spiders that have made webs on our house. We didn't kill them because they are harmless to us (we looked them up) and they are really cool to look at. Ed accidentally knocked down the Daddy spider and the Eamon spider moved to another place. When we go outside Eamon will go look for the Eamon spider and then tell me that the Daddy spider is gone. With his fake snakes he assigned the Daddy and Eamon snake to the cute brightly colored (fake looking) snakes, the Mommy snake was the hideously ugly real looking snake. I wasn't really happy about that and tried to convince him that the ugly one was the daddy snake, but he didn't agree. I eventually gave Ed the Mommy snake to get out of the house because it was too real looking and kept freaking me out.
9. Baby Brother - He seems to be doing well. I have a check-up today. We started working on cleaning out his room this week. We made an even bigger mess, but it is progression. We had to take some furniture to my parents house and now we have to purge stuff. Ed has already taken a big box of stuff to Goodwill, I'm hoping to get them a few more big boxes of stuff... Well, either Goodwill or the trash can.
10. Ed and I are headed to Georgia for another wedding this weekend. Eamon gets to stay with Marie & Papa again, he is very excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment