Eamon had his 6 week check-up yesterday (even though he is 7 weeks old today). He is 1/2 oz shy of 13 lbs and is 24" long. He is in the 95th Percentile for length and weight and in the 60th percentile for head circumferene. The Dr said he looked good and was developing on time. He is so strong, holding his head up and moving it around - I'll work on a video this weekend. Poor thing got 4 shots (immunizations), 2 in each theigh and one oral immunization. He turned bright red as soon as they put the first one in and then he just started screaming! They had given him Tylenol before the shots to help with the pain at the injection site. He was pretty miserable the rest of the day, restless sleeping and waking up and crying. Poor Ed was home with him and when I got home at 5:00 he was just whooped! He said he felt like a wild horse being broken in, he was mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted. When Eamon woke up around 10 to eat he was back to his old self, and he actually slept until about 4:30 this morning.
On another note, I started back to work on Monday, hence the lack of blog postings. I've done good, it's a lot easier knowing that he is with people that love him and that he is getting one-on-one attention. Ed kept him a little bit, my sister had him a little bit and my mom had him a little bit. I've been pumping milk at work, and I think I am producing more than he can consume, so we have a back-up supply in the freezer. That will be nice if Ed and I decide to go away for a weekend and leave him with someone.
So I guess I better get some work done. The weather looks like it may be nice this weekend. Maybe we can go outside and take some pictures and video for our blogging audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment