For those of you that don't know her, this is Ethel. Ethel is actually my mom's ex-husband's aunt, but mom says that she got Ethel in the divorce. Ethel kept me and my brother when we were young and still living in New Orleans (and countless other children before us). After we moved to Birmingham, Ely and I would go and stay with Ethel during school breaks and the summer. Ethel would also come visit us a lot. We had so much fun at Ethel's house and will always remember those memories.
So, last week, Jenni, Eamon and I went to New Orleans. On the way there we stopped to see Ethel, who is living in Picayune with her niece. Ethel is 97 and she looks great!
So, last week, Jenni, Eamon and I went to New Orleans. On the way there we stopped to see Ethel, who is living in Picayune with her niece. Ethel is 97 and she looks great!
Ethel loves children and Eamon was no exception!
Ethel and Eamon
We also stopped to visit Ethel's sister, Edith.
And this is the house that we all have so many memories in. Ethel's grandfather built this house when Ethel was 2 or 4, I can't remember, so the house is either 95 or 93 years old. It is currently under contract, so I felt the need to take a picture before it is sold.
Thanks for all the memories, 15 Metairie Court.
Thanks for all the memories, 15 Metairie Court.
2 comments:
Amy, I love that picture of Ethel's house. I love all these pictures. I think you are really going to treasure these:)
Great pictures Amy - better memories. I even miss Ethel too! She's a class act!
Post a Comment