Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Orleans Trip - Part 4: Eamon's First Snowball

Katie, Ellen and I took Eamon for his first snowball at my favorite snowball stand, Sal's. Sal's is right down the street from Ethel's old house and she would take Ely and I there all the time. We usually walked. Eamon got a pina colada flavored snowball (didn't want to stain his cute outfit that MamaMarie made)
Katie and Ellen both had ice cream flavored snowball. Ellen's had actual soft-serve ice cream on top and Katie's had condensed milk on top. Me, I had a Strawberry with condensed milk, YUM!!
HE LOVED IT!

When his was all gone (partially eaten and partially spilled on him and the ground - notice the cup angle) he held his cup up to Ellen wanting her to pour some of hers into his cup. Then he looked at me and told me more. No more for you little man, you had enough sugar for one day.

Here is a picture of Sal's Snowball Stand on Metairie Road. I found this picture on Google

2 comments:

mamamarie said...

A true New Orleans right of passage...his first snowball.

Trisha said...

Training him to like Pina Coladas already, Amy? ;-) I'll have to try one of the ones with condensed milk sometime; sounds delicious. There's a new snow cone stand (I realize this might not be exactly the same thing, but in the same spirit!) just down the street from our office, and so far I've only had the straight-up sugar one.