Friday, April 8, 2011

Soccer Game 1

Eamon's first soccer game was canceled due to the weather.  Eamon was staying with my dad that day and when my dad gave Eamon the bad news, Eamon insisted on talking to me.  I got the phone call which immediately led to sobs by Eamon.  He had been looking forward to his game for a while.  When Thursday came around he was overjoyed again.  Ed picked the boys up at school and I stopped at Publix to grab some mac & cheese and chicken fingers for Eamon to eat for dinner.  I met Ed in the parking lot where he handed off the boys to me so he could figure out what was going on.  Luckily Brady was asleep so we just put him in the car seat in my car.  I let Eamon sit in my trunk and eat his dinner (it kept him contained).  We headed to the field to get started.  All Eamon wanted to do was to finish his mac & cheese.  

Practice started and things got a bit chaotic, seems like the kids were all going in different directions (luckily there were only 4 kids)


Eamon kept returning to where we were sitting to get a drink of water, give Brady a hug or rub my tummy.


One activity involved making a racetrack with the orange cones and the kids were supposed to go around the cones with their balls.  They didn't.

After the activity was over, Ed took up the cones.  
Eamon insisted on putting them back out, he was making a train track.




Brady enjoyed snuggling with Mama Marie


Hey, what is she doing with those cones?

Right before the game started Eamon had to go potty.  He tells me he just has to pee pee.  Since there are only portolets there, I take him in the woods.  As soon as he is through peeing, he sees the portolets and decides he needs to go poopy.  After thoroughly exploring the portolet he decides he only has to pee and squeezes out 2 drops.

And the game begins.  At first Eamon didn't want to play, but he soon changed his mind.
I think we were supposed to be playing a 3 on 3 game, but every few minutes it changed.  At one point the other team had 4 players on the field and we had one.
This little guy didn't want to play.  Eamon went and got him and brought him on the field.


Tangled in the net




After the game was over Eamon wanted to play again.  All the kids enjoyed snack and the tunnel.

I think the biggest challenge is keeping all the kids out on the field.  

It was hysterical.  I'm looking forward to another installment of soccer in the morning.

No comments: