Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Delivery

Me & Ed ready for the OR (I can't believe I am posting this picture)

Ed ready for the OR.MamaMarie resting while we are in the OR.
Ed in the OR meeting Eamon for the first time!
Having a C-section is quite an intersting experience. There were so many people in the OR. I know there were two anisthesiologists, two OB/GYN doctors, a pediatrician, a neonatal ICU nurse, the L&D nurse that had been with me that morning, some OR nurses and at one time I heard the Nurse Manager of the OR & L&D in there. In front of me was a big blue sheet so I couldn't see what was going on (I really didn't want to see my insides anyways) The anisthesiologist was the only one I could see and he was very nice and reasuring. Ed came in after they had started and he stood by my head until they took out Eamon, and then he went to see him. They let him walk Eamon over to me so I could see him. It was a very emotional experience for both of us. I realize that there were a bunch of people in there, but at that time it felt like it was just the three of us. Back to the procedure itself, I felt no pain, but I could feel that something was going on down there, pressure mainly. My left arm went numb also, but the feeling came back quickly in recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you already have time to blog! But being out of town I'm very glad you do. : ) Thanks for the update! We need updated baby pics too...