Sorry we haven't posted anything lately. Ed was writing up a synopsis of all that happened at the hospital, but it has became very long and in depth so he hasn't posted it yet.
We were discharged from the hospital on Monday night. Eamon had lost 10.2% of his body weight so the pediatrician at the hospital told us we needed to supplement with a minimum of 1/2 oz of formula after he breastfeeds until my milk came in, and that we needed to make a Drs appt with his pediatrican for a weight check on Wednesday to see if he has gained any weight. We decided to use a syringe to supplement instead of a bottle so he wouldn't have "nipple confusion"
Well, that first night home I felt like we were constantly feeding. He would nurse for an hour and then I would spend an hour shoving formula in his mouth only to have him spit it back up. We kept this up until about mid-day on Tuesday and then we made the decision to stop with the formula. Tuesday around midnight my milk came in, and I was told "you'll know when your milk comes in" and you surely do! Of course, Eamon wasn't all that interested in eating that night!
Wednesday morning we got up and went to the Drs office. We are going to the same pediatrician that Ely and I used to go to (Dr. Cortopassi). They weighted Eamon and he was up to 8 lbs 13 oz. We were both so relieved! Dr C. said Eamon looked great and stop using that icky formula.
We then took our first trip to Mama Marie's house! We went home for a little while and then Eamon went to his first dinner party. He was so excited!
Mom stayed with us Monday night and all day Tuesday and she is back today to help. Ed and I are still working out our sleep schedules. Right now he's been sleeping on the couch with the baby in the cradle next to him while I sleep in the bedroom. When Eamon is ready to eat they come wake me up and I feed him, when I'm done he goes back in the cradle and I go back to bed. Well, I'm going to stop typing and post some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment